Zucchini, pea, ricotta and mint pizza
1 tsp (3.5g) of yeast
½ cup of lukewarm water
Pinch of caster sugar
200g baker’s flour
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
1 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons (using a peeler)
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Stir together water, sugar and yeast in a jug and set aside for 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add flour and salt to a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre of the mixture. Slowly pour in the yeast mixture and oil.
- Gently mix the dough with your hands until it is well combined.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured benchtop and knead for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large mixing bowl and rub it with a small amount of olive oil. Cover with a tea towel and set aside for 30-60 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (air-forced oven).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured benchtop and knead for another 1-2 minutes. Roll out the pizza base to the preferred size using a rolling pin. Place the base on to a pizza tray.
- Mix the passata and garlic and spread over the pizza base.
- Layer zucchini ribbons on base and top with peas, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Add small dollops of ricotta cheese on top of the pizza and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves before serving.
Serve with a side salad.