Ricotta, zucchini, pea and mint tart
150g spelt flour
90g butter, cubed
30g chia seeds
250g ricotta cheese
100g mascarpone cheese
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
2 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
½ cup peas
1 zucchini, sliced into long ribbons
6 mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Add flour, butter, chia seeds and a pinch of salt to a food processor and blend until crumbly.
- Add egg and blitz until the mixture comes together in clumps.
- Turn mixture onto a clean board and knead into a round ball. Cover with cling wrap and set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the fridge and flatten with a rolling pin. Place the dough over a loose-bottomed tart tin and trim the edges.
- Blind bake pastry for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine ricotta, mascarpone, lemon zest, parsley and chives.
- Add ricotta, mascarpone, parmesan cheese and herb mixture and spoon into tart base. Arrange sliced zucchini on top of cheese mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with peas and mint.
Makes 8-10 slices.