Pumpkin and ricotta cannelloni
375g ricotta cheese
400g pumpkin, cut into cubes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2½ cups passata
Pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tbsp basil, chopped
4 tbsp parmesan cheese
3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Zest from 1 lemon
12 cannelloni tubes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place pumpkin on a baking tray and drizzle with oil
- Roast pumpkin for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked all the way through.
- Place pumpkin in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Pour ½ cup passata to in an ovenproof dish and spread evenly over the base.
- Place ricotta cheese, pumpkin, nutmeg, egg, parsley, basil, lemon zest, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and seasoning in a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add ricotta mixture to a piping bag and carefully pipe into cannelloni tubes. Lay tubes side by side in the dish.
- Add remaining passata over cannelloni tubes and top with tasty cheese, mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a garden salad.