Potato and leek soup with a twist
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
5 medium potatoes (~800g), washed, peeled and cubed
2 leeks, halved, thinly sliced
1.5L vegetable stock
420g canned cannellini beans, rinsed
Salt and pepper to taste
Cream and chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the potato and leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans to pot and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Blitz using a stick blender until smooth.
Serve with crusty bread and garnish with cream and chopped parsley.