4 peeled pears
2 cinnamon sticks
2 cups red wine
1 cup of orange juice
- Combine the wine, cloves, cinnamon sticks and juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pears and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer for 1 hour until the pears are tender. Be sure to occasionally turn the pears.
- Once cooked remove the pears to a separate dish.
- Increase the heat to high and boil the remaining liquid until a syrup forms.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves and pour the syrup over the pears.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt.