Moroccan chickpea and apple tagine
1 small sweet potato, cubed
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 x JAZZ™ apples, cored and cubed
1 cup pumpkin, cubed
1 small eggplant, cubed
1 carrot, cut into half-moons
2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
¼ cup prunes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
1 tbsp harissa paste
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cumin
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp EVOO
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a tagine or Dutch oven add oil, onions, garlic, spices and harissa paste.
- Add all the chopped veggies, chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, vegetable stock and apples.
- Cover the tagine and place in the oven for 2 hours. After 1 hour remove from the oven and stir the mixture.
- Serve with couscous and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe created for Montague Apples.