Miso tofu and Asian vegetables
500g firm tofu
1 tbsp. miso paste
½ tbsp. mirin
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
Juice from ½ lime
Small knob of ginger
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 x bunch of asparagus
1 red capsicum, cut in strips
100g shelled edamame beans
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Mix miso paste, mirin, rice wine vinegar, grated ginger and lime juice in a mixing bowl.
- Cut tofu into large chunks and marinate in miso mixture and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Blanch asparagus in hot water for 1 minute and drain.
- Add blanched asparagus, capsicum and edamame to hot wok with oil.
- Add 1 tbsp. soy sauce to vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tofu to the wok and cook for further 2-3 minutes.