2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 small carrots, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 long red chilli, finely chopped
1/4 cup water
400g tinned lentils, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
500g cooked pasta
Grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in passata and water and bring to the boil
- Add lentils, thyme, parsley and seasoning.
- Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Prepare pasta as directed.
- Serve pasta with a generous amount of sauce and top with grated parmesan cheese.