Kale and feta fritters
2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. Nuvia stevia
1½ cups milk
½ frozen peas, thawed
1/3 bunch kale, shredded
1 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
100g feta cheese, crumbled
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp. lemon rind
Salt and pepper
- Whisk the milk and egg in a mixing bowl
- Sift flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and add stevia.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and slowly add milk and egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Gently fold in kale, chives, peas, feta and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and grease with spray vegetable oil.
- Spoon batter into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve with a side salad and garnish with crumbled feta and chopped chives.
Makes 8 fritters.
Originally published on Nuvia.