Cypriot Grain Salad
1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
¾ bunch of coriander, finely chopped
½ red onion, diced
1 cup freekeh
400g tinned lentils, rinsed and drained
¼ cup currants
2 tbsp baby capers
2 tbsp pine nuts
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp slivered almonds
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
¼ cup pistachios
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
1/3 cup Cobram Estate classic flavour extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
Season to taste
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp cumin powder
1 pomegranate, deseeded
- Cook freekeh as per instructions on the packet. Set aside to cool.
- Mix cooked freekeh, lentils, parsley, coriander, red onion, baby capers, currants and lemon zest in a large salad bowl.
- Lightly toast nuts and seeds in a pan on a low heat and allow to cool before adding to the salad.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, sherry vinegar and seasoning and toss well.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt, honey and cumin.
- Top salad with yoghurt dressing and pomegranate seeds
Recipe created for Cobram Estate.