Chia, pumpkin and feta tart
150g spelt flour
90g butter, cubed
30g chia seeds
500g pumpkin cut into 1cm cubes
100g feta cheese, crumbled
8 shallots, quartered
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Add flour, butter, chia seeds and a pinch of salt to a food processor and blend until crumbly.
- Add egg and blitz until the mixture comes together in clumps.
- Turn mixture onto a clean board and knead into a round ball. Cover with cling wrap and set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place pumpkin, shallots and sage on a baking tray and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin becomes soft and golden brown
- Remove dough from the fridge and flatten with a rolling pin. Place the dough over a loose-bottomed tart tin and trim the edges.
- Blind bake pastry for 15 minutes
- Add feta to pumpkin and shallot mixture and spoon into tart base.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Recipe created for The Chia Co.