2 x 400g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 x garlic cloves
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 2 lemons
1tsp. cumin, ground
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the beetroots into the Magimix Cook Expert steam basket and steam for 40 minutes, or until tender (steam at 100°C).
- Remove beetroots from the steamer and set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Wearing kitchen gloves, peel the beetroot and transfer it to a food processor.
- Add chickpeas, garlic, oil, lemon juice, cumin, tahini and salt and pepper to the food processor and blitz until smooth and well combined.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with crackers, pita bread or oven-baked tortilla chips.
Recipe created for Magimix.