Apple crumble slice
1½ cups almond meal
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
8 JAZZ™ apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm cubes
2½ tbsp cornflour
Juice from 1 lemon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
⅓ cup of water
¾ cup plain flour
¾ cup oats
¼ cup brown sugar
100g cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a 26cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add almond meal.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, milk and maple syrup. Add wet ingredients to almond meal and combine well.
- Spread the base mixture evenly and bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Toss apples in lemon juice immediately to avoid browning. Add cornflour and spices and toss. Transfer to a medium saucepan with the water and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the apples are soft. Spread apple filling evenly on top of the baked base.
- Set oven to 180°C.
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture is well combined and is crumbly to touch.
- Evenly spread the crumble mixture over the apples and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Recipe created for Montague Apples