23 Dec Strawberry and haloumi salad
This delicious strawberry and haloumi salad is bound to be a crowd-pleaser at Christmas and over the summer holidays.
250g strawberries, hulled and quartered
120g spinach, washed and dried
150g haloumi, cut into 1cm slices
½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. honey
Juice from 1 lime
1 tbsp. mint, roughly chopped
Pinch of black pepper
- Cook haloumi in a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat in one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Add the spinach, strawberries and cooled haloumi to a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients to a clean jam jar and secure lid tightly. Shake well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Sprinkle with macadamia nuts before serving.
Recipe created for Victorian Strawberries