03 Nov Chickpea ratatouille pasta
This budget-busting chickpea ratatouille pasta delivers on taste and nutrition. The chickpeas add texture, protein as well as fibre.
500g pasta bowties
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 medium eggplant, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 capsicum, diced
1 red onion, chopped
400g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
400g tinned diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
Salt and pepper to season
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water as per packet instructions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and eggplant and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining fresh vegetables and cook for a further 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, basil and seasoning and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss to combine.
- Serve the pasta with grated parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil.
Recipe created for San Remo Pasta