26 May Corn and zucchini fritters
3 x zucchinis, ends trimmed, coarsely grated
310g tinned corn, rinsed and drained
1 cup chickpea flour
3 x spring onions, finely chopped
Pinch of cumin
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 x eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to season
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Place zucchini into a muslin cloth and squeeze out extra moisture. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add corn, spring onion, cumin, parsley and seasoning.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, baking powder and flour.
- Gently add egg mixture to the other ingredients and combine well.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Ladle mixture into a frying pan and flatten with an egg flipper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer fritters to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with avocado, poached eggs and tomato relish.
Option: Add 100g halloumi cheese to the mixture if desired.
Makes 8 fritters.