Vegetable minestrone soup
- 1tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1L vegetable stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups spiral pasta
- 400g red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, leek, carrot, celery and zucchini and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in stock and canned tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and parsley and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Add kidney beans and stir through
- Divide the soup into serving bowls and top with grated parmesan cheese, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crunchy sourdough bread.
Originally published on Mad Millie