05 Sep Low-sugar blackberry jam
- 450g fresh or frozen blackberries
- 3 tbsp. cold water
- 1 tbsp. stevia
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- Place blackberries, cold water, stevia and lemon juice in a small pot, cover and bring to the boil.
- Remove the lid and cook on a low-medium heat for 15 minutes and stir regularly with a fork to break down the berries.
- Remove pan from heat and add xanthan gum. Stir until completely dissolved and mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into a jar and store in the fridge.