14 Jun Chilli pesto eggs
- 1 wholemeal muffin, halved
- 50g smoked salmon
- 60g wilted spinach
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, diced
- 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Toast pine nuts in a small pan on a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Place basil leaves, pine nuts, chilli, olive oil and Parmesan cheese in a mortar and pestle and grind gently until the mixture becomes paste-like.
- Poach eggs in boiling water for 2 minutes or cook until desired. Remove eggs from water and dry with towelling paper.
- Layer muffin halves with wilted spinach, smoked salmon, 1x poached egg and top with a spoonful of chilli pesto.
This recipe first appeared on www.cobramestate.com.au