Apple, honey and walnut muffins
1¾ cup spelt flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
¾ cup Capilano river red gum honey
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and grated
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grate the apple and squeeze out to remove excess water
- Place grated apple in a mixing bowl. Combine with egg, milk, oil and honey.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Line muffin tray with muffin cups
- Pour the mixture into each muffin cup
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Recipe created for Capilano Honey